CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2023-24 PDF Download
CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2023-24 PDF Download | CBSE Maths Syllabus for Class 10th| Term 1 | Class 10th Maths Syllabus Free PDF | Class 10 Math Syllabus Chapter Wise.
CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2023-24 has been released officially, students can download the syllabus through the cbse official website. students can check all the details here including a chapter-wise summary.
CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2023-24
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has released the CBSE Maths Syllabus for Class 10. Syllabus is the most important study tool as without it, students can’t start their board exam preparation for Maths. Syllabus is considered as the most important study tool as it provides many benefits to both students & teachers.
|Name of Board||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Name of Exam||CBSE Examination 2023-24|
|Class Name||Class 10th|
|official Web Site||https://cbseacademic.nic.in/|
CBSE Board 10th Maths Syllabus 2023
Go through the CBSE Board 10th Maths Syllabus 2023 along with the important topics and marks distribution per topic. Students are advised to pay more attention to the topics which carry high weightage. Also, students must refer to the CBSE Class 10 time table 2023 to know the exam dates and timing and plan their studies accordingly.
CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2023
In the CBSE Class 10 Syllabus 2023-24 Maths has given 5 units and 8 chapters which have been indexed in the below table.
|7||Statistics & Probability||11|
CBSE 10th Class Maths Syllabus 2023-24: Topic Wise
To perform well in Class 10 Maths students need an intense practice of the concepts covered in the CBSE 10 Class Maths Syllabus for the academic session 2023-24. The CBSE Maths Class 10th syllabus 2023 Exam contains details of the entire course structure, the marks weightage for different units, etc. So, as you start your preparation you must always keep the Class 10 Maths Syllabus NCERT at hand. The CBSE Class 10th Maths Syllabus for the academic session 2023-24 does not have any reductions and students must note that they are required to prepare the syllabus in full for the final examinations.
CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus: Unit 1- Number System
Chapter 1- Real Numbers
Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic – statements after reviewing work done earlier and after illustrating and motivating through examples, Proofs of the irrationality of √2, √3, √5
CBSE Class 10th Maths Syllabus: Unit 2 -Algebra
Zeros of a polynomial. Relationship between zeros and coefficients of quadratic polynomials.
Chapter-2. Pair of Linear Equations in Two Variables
Pair of linear equations in two variables and graphical method of their solution, consistency/inconsistency.
Algebraic conditions for a number of solutions. Solution of a pair of linear equations in two variables algebraically – by substitution, by elimination. Simple situational problems.
Chapter-3. Quadratic Equation
- Standard form of a quadratic equation ax² + bx + c = 0, (a ≠ 0).
- Solutions of quadratic equations (only real roots) by factorization, and by using quadratic formulas.
- Relationship between discriminant and nature of roots.
- Situational problems based on quadratic equations related to day-to-day activities (problems on equations reducible to quadratic equations are excluded).
Chapter-4. Arithmetic Progression
- Derivation of the nth term and sum of the first n terms of A.P.
- Their application in solving daily life problems.
- Applications based on the sum to n terms of an A.P. are excluded.
CBSE 10 Maths Syllabus: Unit 3 Coordinate Geometry
Review: Concepts of coordinate geometry, graphs of linear equations. Distance formula. Section formula (internal division).
CBSE 10 Class Maths Syllabus: Unit 4 Geometry
Definitions, examples, counter examples of similar triangles.
- (Prove) If a line is drawn parallel to one side of a triangle to intersect the other two sides in distinct points, the other two sides are divided in the same ratio.
- (Motivate) If a line divides two sides of a triangle in the same ratio, the line is parallel to the third side.
- (Motivate) If in two triangles, the corresponding angles are equal, their corresponding sides are proportional and the triangles are similar.
- (Motivate) If the corresponding sides of two triangles are proportional, their corresponding angles are equal and the two triangles are similar.
- (Motivate) If one angle of a triangle is equal to one angle of another triangle and the sides including these angles are proportional, the two triangles are similar.
- Tangent to a circle at, the point of contact
- The tangent at any point of a circle is perpendicular to the radius through the point of contact.
- The lengths of tangents drawn from an external point to a circle are equal.
CBSE 10th Maths Syllabus 2023-24: Unit 5-Trigonometry
Chapter 1. Introduction of Trigonometry
Trigonometric ratios of an acute angle of a right-angled triangle. Proof of their existence (well defined); motivate the ratios whichever are defined at 0o and 90o. Values of the trigonometric ratios of 30°, 45°, 60°. Relationships between the ratios.
Chapter-2. Trigonometric Identities
Proof and applications of the identity sin²A + cos²A = 1. Only simple identities to be given.
Chapter-3. Heights and Distances-Angle of elevation, Angle of Depression
- Simple problems with heights and distances.
- Problems should not involve more than two right triangles.
- Angles of elevation/depression should be only 30°, 45°, 60°.
Class 10 Maths Syllabus: Unit 6 -Mensuration
Chapter-1. Areas Related to Circles
Area of sectors and segments of a circle. Problems based on areas and perimeter/circumference of the above-said plane figures. (In calculating the area of a segment of a circle, problems should be restricted to the central angles of 60°, 90° and 120° only.
Chapter-2. Surface Area and Volumes
- Surface areas and volumes of combinations of any two of the following: cubes, cuboids, spheres, hemispheres and right circular cylinders/cones.
- Problems involving converting one type of metallic solid into another and other mixed problems.
Class 10 Maths Syllabus: Unit 7 -Statistics & Probability
- Mean, median and mode of grouped data (bimodal situation to be avoided).
- Mean by Direct Method and Assumed Mean Method only.
Chapter-2. Probability: Classical definition of probability. Simple problems on finding the probability of an event.
CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2023 PDF Download
classsyllabus.in provides CBSE Maths Syllabus PDF for Class 10, so that students can easily access it. The website provides Portable Document Format (PDF) free of cost for Class 10. Through the free and easy access to the syllabus, students don’t need to search for it here and there.
How to Download CBSE class 10 Maths Syllabus PDF?
this website provides CBSE Maths Syllabus for Class 10 PDF which easily accessible to the students. Steps to download the Syllabus are:
- Open classsyllabus.in website.
- Bring the arrow towards CBSE which is visible in the navigation bar.
- A pop-up menu will appear, select CBSE Syllabus from the list.
- New page will appear, select 10th from the list of Classes.
- Again a new page will appear, select CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus.
CBSE Class 10th Maths: Internal Assessment – (20 Marks)
|Pen Paper Test and Multiple Assessment||10 marks|
|Lab Practical (Lab activities to be done from the prescribed books)||05 marks|
CBSE Maths Syllabus for Class 10 PDF: Links
|CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2023-24||PDF Download|
|CBSE Class 10 Syllabus Official Website||Click Here|
CBSE 10th Maths Syllabus 2023-24: Objectives
- Integrate the Mathematical skill, technique and knowledge acquired at the upper primary stage.
- Gain knowledge and, particularly by way of visualization, of basic concepts, definitions, principles and symbols and underlying processes and skills.
- Develop Proficiency of basic algebraic skills.
- Develop drawing skills and develop measurements skills for defining areas.
- Feel the flow of reason while proving a result or solving a problem.
- Develop ability to analyze and think logically.
CBSE 10th Maths Syllabus 2023-24: FAQ’s
Q.1: What are the passing marks in the CBSE Class 10th Maths exams 2023?
Ans: Students are supposed to score at least 33 percent marks in theory and practical exams separately in order to pass the CBSE 10th maths exams 2023.
Q.2: Is CBSE Class 10 Maths syllabus the same all over India?
Ans: CBSE 10th Maths syllabus 2023 is more or less similar in all the schools of India.
Q.3: How can I get 100 marks in maths in 10th?
Ans: Step 1: Make Notes for Formulae, Theorems and Methods using.
Step 2: Try To Find Solutions of CBSE Exemplar Yourself.
Step 3: Practicing From The Sample And Previous Year Papers.
Step 4: Set the Target to Know Your Weak Points.
Step 5: Cover All Your Syllabus and Be Confident.
Q.4: Which topics are removed from maths 10 2023 2023?
Ans: Euclid’s division lemma, Decimal representation of rational numbers as terminating or non-terminating recurring decimals. Statements and simple problems on the division algorithm for polynomials with real coefficients. Simple problems on equations are reducible to linear equations.